Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Navigating Registration, My Digital Story Journey


My digital story was created so I could incorporate registration awareness into my daily advising sessions with applicant and current students.  Creating a story that would benefit the students I work with was important to me when thinking about ideas for this project.  The purpose of my digital story is to educate students about the registration function of the college’s online web based computer system.  Students meet with their advisors to discuss course selection but not everyone understands how to use the registration portal.   I hope that when students view this tutorial they will have a clear understanding of how to register for their semester courses.  The goal is to have all applicant students proficient and aware of the software.  This will enable them to register and complete their degree requirements on time.

Using Photo Story as a platform to create my digital story was a great learning experience.  I was amazed at how easy it was to create the story.  The program walked you through a step by step process.  I am going to use this program in the future to create additional stories that contribute to academic success with college students.



1 comment:

  1. Frank I really enjoyed your Digital Story. I think it would be very helpful for incoming students to watch so that they have an understanding of what to expect with the registration process at Goodwin College. I also found ease when using Photo Story 3 and may very well put it to use to show off some family photos.

    ReplyDelete