Monday, April 29, 2013

Good Night favorites, Diigo is our new library tool!




Diigo has become one of my new favorite technology tools.  I can’t imagine using favorites to save all of my important resources for my school projects/research papers and professional resources.  Now that I have a solid knowledge of Diigo’s features, completing the literacy project using Diigo with my staff seemed like a great idea.  I started by giving a workshop to the staff about Diigo’s features.  Once they became comfortable using Diigo we started bookmarking items into our Advising  Library.  The goal was to create a digital library with information about higher education that we could use to start a department blog/discussion board.  The collaboration and participation of the department was great because everyone wants to stay informed about higher education issues and trends to better serve our students to promote academic success.  Check out our library to see a wide range of topics that have utilized many of the Diigo features.

https://www.diigo.com/user/goodwinadvising


Below is the survey that I used to poll the staff about their Diigo experience.

1 comment:

  1. I just learned about Diigo in Applying Technology graduate course. It is a wonderful tool. The social media bookmarking and integration are so useful and time saving. As a non-teacher but administrator, I can see many uses for Diigo in the classroom and libraries. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete