Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Need to Register for a College Class



Xtranormal was a fun web 2.0 tool to create a movie with.  I love that it allows you to be creative with the entire process.  Starting with a template and being able to choose the setting, the characters, the movements, and background sounds made this a fun learning experience.  The noise you hear in the background (which sounds like static) is an option called "rain in the background".   The process was easy to follow.  It guided you step by step to the publishing phase. The only problem I had was with the preview option.  Every time I tried to preview my movie an error message appeared stating “try again later”.  I never got to preview before I published it.  You also have to be mindful of word pronunciations.  The female student was stating her grades and the letter A was not correct.  The next time I have the opportunity to work with students, I will be using Xtranormal.  I think they will love creating a movie that relates to college academic success.


6 comments:

  1. Frank! That web2.0 tool is awesome! I just watched it and am already creating one for my own classroom! Haha. The only problem is that I can't get the motions to work. Do you have any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamee- If I remember correctly, drag the movement tab into your text box where you want it. The movement will occur at that location in the text. Hope this helps. I will go back in to my version tonight to make sure. I did not have any problems with that function.

      Delete
  2. Frank, I too used Xtranormal and loved it! I like the fact that you actually used two characters in your scene to display what type of questions come up in an Advising session. Your script flowed very well with the body language of your characters. Great choice for your Web 2.0 Tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great example of using a Web 2.0 tool for a practical purpose in your daily professional life. We should create a video like this one for our students, many of whom have issues signing up for classes each year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frank, this video came out really well! I think it serves a good purpose and it will be insightful for your students to watch. It's a nice way to bring some of the questions they may have to the digital world. Now they can just watch this fun video to get their information!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frank, this came out great! What a fun tool to introduce to students! I love that you found a practical use for the tool.

    ReplyDelete