Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Beginning of the Story....

This is the rough, rough draft of my digital story!  As of today, my experiences with Photo Story have been positive.  I watched several videos on how to use and format Photo Story.  They were very helpful for starting the digital story process.  What I like about Photo Story is the step by step process of the software.   For a first time user, creating the story has been easy.  Once I uploaded the pictures I found that I did not completely stick to my original script that I wrote on the Story Board template.  After I finish creating all the voice narrations I will make a decision on the style of music that I will use.

I am creating a digital story that I can incorporate into my advising and or orientation sessions with new students.  It will instruct them how to register for classes using our live web based computer system.  I know this will benefit students who do not know how to use our system.  The goal of the staff is make sure all students are aware and proficient of the software so they are able to register and complete their degree program on time.










4 comments:

  1. I think this is great so far! Your narration is perfect timing. It is not too fast or slow and is very easy to understand. I have yet to do my recording and hope mine works as easy as yours sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far. Before telling students about being locked out after 3 attempts, first review with them the steps for logging in perhaps using a fictitious student and explaining how this person would log in. Let's assume, the student is successful on the first attempt. Thus, give those directions first. For anyone who has problems, the person can try again, but then let the person know that for safety reasons after three attempts, the system needs to log the person out and then what the person should do to get back in. Since the students are new to the school, keep the message in the positive at all times. Overall, this is an excellent example of how to use PhotoStory to give students critical directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, this is a neat idea. Sometimes websites/different tools can be difficult to navigate if they are new to you. This will be great for visual learners. I know that tutorials in a video format made tools like Photo Story 3 easier for me to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great video - it's clear and helpful, and the pacing of your narration is excellent. Seems like a lot of people used Photo Story!

    ReplyDelete