Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Using Prezi to create a resume

What a great way to utilize Prezi!  I would have never thought to use it as a marketing/interviewing tool.  As someone who reviews resumes I was impressed and it kept my attention.  At the end of the presentation you also had the option of reviewing his traditional resume format.  This would be great tool that Career Services Departments in colleges could use to integrate technology into resume writing classes or workshops with  students.  It would be interesting to know if employers would welcome this type of format.  It is different but creative.  I would certainly remember this applicants name when selecting candidates for the interview process.  Has anyone ever had a student use Prezi for this purpose and what was the feedback from employers   Could this be a new trend in a job search?

Attached for all of you Mac Book and I Pad users take a look at this quick YouTube video.  It highlights how easy it is to create a resume on Prezi.  This might become the new trend.  What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APpQph75NBg

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I signed up for a Prezi account and that is as far as I've gotten! I need to bite the bullet and spend some time exploring its uses. I love the idea of creating a resume there - especially after hearing your feedback as someone who reviews resumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really cool! I have to admit I am not a Prezi fan, but I don't think I've given it a fair shot. It's got so much going on that it's very intimidating! I should give it another chance, though..

    My feelings on Prezi aside, what a cool way to put together a resume! Particularly if you are applying somewhere that is very high-tech, or expect their employees to be very familiar with technology, this is a great way to demonstrate that you have the ability and willingness to integrate technology into your work. With the job market the way it is, you need to do anything you can to stand out when applying for jobs, and this is a great way to be "remembered" when employers see 100+ resumes for one position.

    ReplyDelete